Welcome to my blog. I would like to create a place where I can share my love of crafts with you. I started paper crafting in August of 2011. I just had my one year anniversary. I love making cards, doing scrapbook pages, creating flowers, quilling and many other crafts. I found out about greeting cards when watching a Stamp TV video a few months later. I am hooked on card making now. Love everything about it. I hope that you will join me in my love of crafts.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

March 3, 2015

Welcome to this weeks post with Heartfelt Creations
I have made two projects this week. A card and some tags. On my first project I took strips of paper from the Butterfly Medley collection, and made my own designer paper, 
I hope you will try it out. It was a lot of fun to do. Stop by Heart Creations blog to see all of the amazing inspirations by the rest of the team.


Other Products: Neenah White cardstock (CS), Green - brown cardstock, Spellbinders Grand Circles - Grand Scalloped Circles, RRR brown with gold edging, Wink of Stella clear, white gel pen.
Instructions: Pick random pieces of paper from the Butterfly Medley paper collection. Trim them to 1/2" by 12", then take a piece of CS any color and trim it to 6" by 6". Center the first strip on the top right corner down to the bottom left corner, then glue it down. This will insure that all of your strips of paper will be straight. Take the rest of the strips and glue them to the card also, until the CS is covered completely. Turn the CS over on the back and cut all of the strips flush with the CS. Stamp the Dream in Beauty butterfly and stamp it on white CS with black ink. Color it with Copic markers YG25, 21, G05, 07, N0, N2, and the colorless blender. Cut/emboss the image with the smallest Grand Circle. Cut/emboss the smallest, Grand Scalloped Circle with green CS. Glue them together, and add Double Dots to the back. Cut/emboss the Lattice Piece from the Raindrops on Roses Die, in white CS. Cut it in half and add it to the card. Add the image over the Lattice piece. Place small white dots on the butterflies with the gel pen. Brush Wink of Stella over the butterflies. Tie the ribbon in a double bow and glue it to the card.
I made some tags for my second project.

Here is a close up of one of the tags.

Other Products: Memento Sweet Plum - Dandelion - Angel Pink inks, Clear Wink of Stella, Neenah White cardstock (CS), Copic Markers, Black flourish rhinestones (Michaels), finger sponges.
Instructions: Cut three tags from the Butterfly Medley paper collection, with the Classic Tag from the Luggage and Tag die. Sponge the pink one with Angel Pink, Summer Sky, and Rich Cocoa ink. Sponge the purple one with Sweet Plum, Dandelion, and Rich Cocoa inks. Sponge the peach one with Morocco, Bamboo Leaves, and Rich Cocoa inks. Stamp the butterflies in black ink, on white CS. Color them with Copic Markers. Peach butterfly E21, Y95, YR2, and E13. Blue butterfly BG2, 000, R83, 81. Purple butterfly V20, 25, Y11. Cut them out with the matching die. Shape the butterflies by wrapping their wings around a small pencil. Cut the rhinestone flourishes in small pieces and add them to the tags. Cover the butterflies with Wink of Stella, then add them to the tag as shown in the photo.
I hope you have enjoyed my projects this week.
Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me your comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment