Welcome to my blog. I would like to create a place where I can share my love of crafts with you. I started paper crafting in August of 2011. I just had my one year anniversary. I love making cards, doing scrapbook pages, creating flowers, quilling and many other crafts. I found out about greeting cards when watching a Stamp TV video a few months later. I am hooked on card making now. Love everything about it. I hope that you will join me in my love of crafts.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

April 8, 2014


Thank you Kathy Clement for recommending me for this wonderful award. This award helps to bring awareness to blogs with less than 300 followers. You will find the rules for participating and my list of nominees below.
Kathy and I are design team members for Heartfelt Creations, and she is one amazing crafter. Stop by her blog and look at some of her beautiful creations. I am very honored that you recommended me for this award Kathy. Thank you again so much.
Rules for participation in the Liebster Award Nominations
  • Thank you Liebster Blog Award presenter on you blog and answer the questions they presented.
  • Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
  • Copy and paste the pink Liebster Award logo to your blog.
  • Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award who have less than 300 followers. 
  • Create a new list of 11 questions for them.
  • Inform them of their nomination.

Here are the questions Kathy had for me.
Why and when did you begin crafting? I started crafting in August of 2011. I started because I wanted to create scrap books for my children of their childhoods. Then that Christmas I wanted to send cards out to my family, but after seeing how expensive it was I decided to make them myself.
What type of a crafter are you: clean & simple,shabby chic, vintage, grunge, mixed media, etc?  I love vintage. I love making things look old and antiqued. I also love mixed media and grunge. I have so much fun adding all kinds of things to my cards and artwork. Like beads and metals. 
What is your favorite time of the day to craft? I am a night owl. Sometimes I have to make myself go to bed. I could stay up all night crafting and working in my craftroom. 
Whats your favorite crafting tools? My most favorite tool would be inks. I love using inks on everything. I also love my Copic markers. As far as an actual tool I would have to say my Grand Calibur and my Cuttlebug.
Do you work primarily from sketches or your own imagination? I work mostly from imagination. I will set and look at the stamp or image I am going to use and just think about it until I decide what I am going to do. I do gather inspiration from others also.
What is your favorite beverage? Sprite Zero!! I do enjoy a good cup of coffee too. 
Name 5 things on your desktop right now? That is a easy one LOL!! I have about 25 things on it right now: Memento inks, scissors, designer papers, stamps, and of course glue.
Who are some of your crafting heroes? Tim Holtz, Heartfelt Creations, Gina K. Designs, She was the first person I watched make a card and use Copic Markers. 
Whats your biggest crafting blooper? LOL!! Well the biggest one I made I guess would be a card I made one day I got all finished with and went to open it and I had made it upside down. Needless to say it was back to ground zero after that.
What is your favorite crafting technique? I have two, well many, but my two favorites would be making backgrounds and distressing with inks.
What do you do when you are not in the craftroom? Hmmm, good question! I live, love, and laugh with my family. Which is my greatest joy of all. 
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you will join me in my journey with crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment