Welcome to my blog. I would like to create a place where I can share my love of crafts with you. I started paper crafting in August of 2011. I just had my one year anniversary. I love making cards, doing scrapbook pages, creating flowers, quilling and many other crafts. I found out about greeting cards when watching a Stamp TV video a few months later. I am hooked on card making now. Love everything about it. I hope that you will join me in my love of crafts.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Heartfelt Creations Oct. 10, 2013

Heartfelt Creations Design Team semifinalist 

Hello, Penny here, I was recently selected as one of the semifinalists for Heartfelt Creations design team. I wanted to share with you another one of the cards I made for them. there is so much you can create with their stamps and dies.  Stop by and look at some of the amazing cards in their gallery.
I would love it if you would stop by there blog and vote for me, and some of the semifinalists at Heartfelt Creations 

Start with a 6.5” by 6.5” piece of Designer paper (DP) from the Posy Patch paper collection HCDP1231. Now cut a 6” by 6” piece of glitter glitz from DCWV paper stack. Center it on top of the 6.5” DP. Now for your card base, cut a 5.5” by 11” piece of yellow cardstock and fold it in half. Add a 5 3/8 by 5 3/8 brown layer to the center of the yellow cardstock. Next add one more layer 5.25” by 5.25” from the Posy Patch paper collection to the center of the brown cardstock. So let’s make the center piece of this card. Take a piece of white cardstock and cut three 8” by 2.75” strips from it. You will use Spellbinder’s Edgeabilities  set called Petals. Take the V shaped one up the top edge of each of the strips and cut it out. Now take the decorative one and line it up under the one you just cut and cut each strip with that one. You should be left with a three strips the same size and it should be 2.75” wide. Use your scoreboard and score each one every ½” the fold like a fan. Glue two of the ends together so you have one long strip. Your next step is to add color to it. Take glimmer mist, I used 5 colors, and color it to your preferred color.  Dry it with your heat gun but do not dry all at once. Do it in about three stages.  Glue the last ends together and after letting it dry. Hold the bottom in and push flat at the top to make it into a circle. Glue a 1” circle to each side to hold it in place. Take a McGill punch called Designer pine, and punch enough to go around your shape (17 to 19). Cut one Lace Motif by Spellbinder’s and use a Spellbinder’s Classic Circle to cut the sentiment.  Add them together. Place them on top of your fan design and place it on your card. I added some butterflies to the top with a small and medium punch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment