Welcome to my blog. I would like to create a place where I can share my love of crafts with you. I started paper crafting in August of 2011. I just had my one year anniversary. I love making cards, doing scrapbook pages, creating flowers, quilling and many other crafts. I found out about greeting cards when watching a Stamp TV video a few months later. I am hooked on card making now. Love everything about it. I hope that you will join me in my love of crafts.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

April 21, 2015 HC Canvas

Welcome to this weeks post with Heartfelt Creations
I am still designing with the Everyday Heroes Collection. It is a gorgeous collection filled with something for every hero in your life. I am so excited to show you my project this week. I made a Canvas, that I worked on for days until I was satisfied with it. 
I have seen some beautiful mixed media projects lately, and I could not wait to make one of my own.
You can not really see all of the glittery goodness on this canvas, but I did get some of it to show up.
I hope you will stop by Heartfelt Creations blog this week to see all of the amazing projects by the rest of the design team.
I have a complete Tutorial to go along with my canvas. If you find it interesting, let me know what else you would like me to do a tutorial on, and as always thank you so much for leaving such wonderful comments.



Other Products: White Gesso, Mod Podge, cardstock (CS) green - white, Memento Bahama Blue ink, Dylusions spray Vibrant Turquoise - Lemon Zest - Melted Chocolate, Glimmer Mist Lemon Zest - Patina, Distress Paint Cracked Pistachio - Salty Ocean, glue gun, glue sticks, heat gun, silver flat back beads, 2 1/2" wooden letters H - C, Moore 8" by 10" Canvas, two paint brushes, two metal flourishes, scissors, paper towel, craft mat.
Instructions: Take a paint brush and paint gesso over the entire canvas, and allow to dry. Take white cardstock and cut three die cuts from each die, except for the Delightful Daisy die and the Sweet Juliet die. Glue them together to make a thicker die cut. Add them to the canvas as shown in the photo, using Mod Podge and a paint brush. Glue the two metal flourishes and the H - C on there. I will have a photo tutorial on my blog with more in depth instructions. Paint another coat of gesso over the entire canvas again, then allow it to dry. Start spraying the Dylusions inks randomly over the canvas and the sides. Use a paper towel to blot any places that get too dark. Next daub the Distress paints onto a craft mat. Take each one using your finger to add color to the die cuts, and metal pieces you glued down. Spray the Glimmer Mists over the canvas, and its sides. Take each of the 3D stamp paints and add them to the die cuts and a few random spots on the canvas. Stamp the You Inspire Me Stamp, and the Everyday Hero News Print stamp, randomly over the entire surface and sides of the canvas in black ink. Stamp the Butterfly Medley stamp on some white CS, then cut them out with the matching die. Color them with Dylusions ink and glimmer mist. Add silver flat back beads to the bodies and place them over the matching butterflies on the canvas. Add more of the silver beads around the canvas as shown in the photo.
Stamp the Delightful daisy on to papers from the paper collection in black ink. Cut them out with the Delightful Daisy die, and then sponge them with Bahama Blue ink. Mold and shape them and add two flowers together to make each flower. Place a pool of art glue into each center and then add Rock N Roll prills to the centers and let dry. Stamp the Sweet Juliet leaves on green CS with black ink. Cut them out with the matching die and sponge them with Cottage Ivy Ink. Add the flowers to the canvas around the H and C, then cut the leaves into small pieces and add them. Choose three of the sentiments from the paper collection and cut them out with scissors. Sponge them with Rich Cocoa and Bahama Blue ink. Glue them to the canvas.


Here is a pic of the side of my canvas. 
I just love the colors.
Here is a photo of the flowers up close. 
They add such a richness to the canvas.























There will be a lot more photos of my canvas below. I hope you enjoy my tutorial.


First you will need a canvas. This one is 8" by 10" Moore, I purchased from Michaels craft store. Paint the entire canvas with Gesso.


I also purchased these 2 1/2" wooden letters from Michaels Craft store. Paint the letters with Gesso too.
 

Using the dies, cut three of each die. I didn't 
end up using the buckle or the banner. 




















After you have cut them out. 
Glue each of the matching dies 
together with Mod Podge Matte. 
This is some of the other adhesives I used through out this tutorial.





Shape the die cuts with a small round object to conform to the shape of the canvas.



Place them on the canvas, and add the three metal pieces. Once you like the position you have them in glue them down with Mod Podge Matte. Use the matte Multi medium for the metal pieces.


Paint the entire canvas again with Gesso and let dry.
Take the Dylusions inks and spray the canvas, Using the Vibrant Turquoise and the Lemon Zest. 

















Use a paper towel to blot any spots that have too much color. Let it dry. Spray the canvas with Melted Chocolate next. Then let it dry.










Take the Distress Paint and daub it onto your craft mat. Using your finger add it to the die cuts and metal pieces. It will make the metal pieces have an aged look. Spray the canvas with Lemon Zest and Patina Glimmer Mist next. Allow it to dry. 





Take each of the 3D stamp paints and a sponger dauber and add them to each of the die cuts and in other areas around the canvas. Don't forget about the sides of the canvas.










Here is a close up of how I used the 3D Stamp Paint, and Distress Paint. You can also see how the die cuts wrap around the sides of the canvas.





Take the stamp, You Inspire Me and Everyday Hero Print, and stamp them all over the canvas.





















 Here is a close up of the side too.







Stamp the Butterfly Medley stamp on white card stock, with black ink. Then cut them out with the matching die. Spray them with Vibrant Turquoise and glimmer mist. Once they have dried sponge the edges with Memento Bahama blue ink. Shape them around a small round object, and add silver flat back beads to them. Glue them down with Art glue over the matching butterflies on the canvas.



Stamp the Delightful Daises on to papers from the Everyday Heroes Paper Collection. You won't need them all so you can just stamp the smaller ones you will need.

























Cut them out with the matching die. 













Sponge them with Memento Bahama blue ink.Turn them over and take a stylus and press it on the tip of the petal and pull towards the center of the flower.

Flip the flower back over to the front and push the 
stylus into the middle and go in a circular motion.


pour a puddle of art glue into the center 
of the flower and add prills.
Stamp the Sweet Juliet leaves onto green card stock and cut them out with the matching die. Sponge the edges with Memento Cottage Ivy ink. Cut them up in small pieces and add the flowers and the leaves to the canvas. Cut three sentiments from the paper collection and sponge them with Memento Rich Cocoa and Bahama Blue ink. Add more of the silver flat back beads to the canvas.




I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial!! I had so much fun making it for you.
If you have any questions just leave it in the comments, and I will answer them. 








1 comment:

  1. Participating fake watches uk brands, small and large, were openly excited to be back in the spotlight with their participation at Geneva Watch replica watches Days. Conceived and set into motion by Bulgari and Breitling and joined by high-gravity independents replica watches uk such as MB&F, Urwerk, H. Moser & Cie., Bovet, and more, we have efficient, optimistic, and welcoming days behind fake rolex us — shining new light on big fairs of old.
    In our discussion with Mr. Jean-Christophe replica rolex Babin, CEO of Bulgari and proud conceiver of GWD, he revealed the massive differences in cost and fake watches flexibility — with Geneva Watch Days costing a fraction of big fair budgets. The latter range anywhere between two and six million Swiss francs and often way beyond — per rolex replica brand. The cumulative costs of Geneva Watch Days, split among 17 brands, was estimated to be around a million Swiss francs fake Breitling — again, per 17 brands.

    ReplyDelete